100 count Ikes on Ebay

MichaelM

100 count Ikes on Ebay

Post by MichaelM » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Hey guys, I am currently considering purchasing one or two 100 count mixed lots of Ikes advertised on EBay. Most of these sellers have been pushing these lots for over the last couple of years I see for about $123 - $135 per lot. The majority of them are sellers from Las Vegas or Pennsylvania. Does anyone know if there are certain dealers I should stay away from or possibly certain dealers you have had fairly good luck with in the past? Any input before I buy would be appreciated.

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: 100 count Ikes on Ebay

Post by AndyO » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Personally, I think it's doubtful you will find anything of value and very little of interest in these unless they are coming straight from a bank. It's exceedingly rare now that bags of Ikes being sold otherwise haven't been picked through -unless of course there is some bonafide seal on the bag from the Mint, and that would only be on 500 or most usually 1,000 bags. I would save your money for something else.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

Razrbak

Post by Razrbak » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Is the consensus of opinion that most Ikes were released into circulation or are they still sitting in bank vaults or at the mint? I know that I certainly saw very few in actual circulation.

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 pm

A lot was left in the federal reserve banks. As I understand, they began destruction of them within the last few years.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer