1972 BUS Crash!

Post pictures, comments and questions about this category of Ikes (Die clash overlay diagram inside)
Irish2ice

1972 BUS Crash!

Post by Irish2ice » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 am

Hey Guys! I have looked all over the site and couldn't find this particular clash. It is a 1972-P Type-1 MS65 with, IMO a grade B, "UDU" clash with a "dot" above and between W and E that is a definitive die marker. It's also has a grade A double volunteer which I noticed first.

BUT, it also has BUS clashed from PLURIBUS below and into Ike's neck. I apologize for the poor pictures!....I did the best I could!

Let me know what you guys think!

If you magnify this picture, you can barely see the UDU and can really see the dot above WE. You can also see the double volunteer and BUS crash to the left of the volunteer!
[attachment=2]DSCF0041B.JPG[/attachment]

Again and closer, just to the left of the double volunteer and above the 2 you will see the "S" clash. To the left of the S is the stronger clashed U, and then the weakest B clash.
[attachment=1]DSCF0068.JPG[/attachment]

Nice pic of the BUS crash!
[attachment=0]DSCF0067-B.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments
DSCF0067-B.JPG
DSCF0068.JPG
DSCF0041B.JPG
Last edited by Irish2ice on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob G.

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: 1972 BUS Crash!

Post by AndyO » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm

OUTSTANDING FIND!

That's the kind of stuff I love to see. Great find! Off the top of my head, I can't say I've actually seen that clash before.

Andy
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks Andy! I was getting a complex since no one had responded. I wasn't actually in the market for a 72-P T1 MS65 since I already had a really nice example, but when I saw this :o I almost fell over.
Bob G.

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 am

Great find!

I have not seen one either.

Definitely will start looking for them now.

V/R

S
Eschew obfuscation!

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 pm

That one is a WOWZER! :o

Never seen anything like it

Something new to look for! Outstanding find!

Happy Hunting!
Brian

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 am

Bob, terrific find, congratulations!

I assume you've named this clash image "BUS Crash"? Great name! Will be in V1 along with Brian's "Golfer" and a few other cool finds. Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:58 am

robEzerman wrote:Bob, terrific find, congratulations!

I assume you've named this clash image "BUS Crash"? Great name! Will be in V1 along with Brian's "Golfer" and a few other cool finds. Rob
Wow Rob, that's great and I am truly honored.

I liked "BUS Crash" because of the play on words..(crash vs clash), so if you and the rest of the Ike Group like it, feel free to keep it.
Bob G.

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I've been curious, has anyone else found any of these?
Bob G.

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Irish2ice wrote:I've been curious, has anyone else found any of these?
Yes, but not a 72 T1, and not the full BUS. I just had a second look at most of my clashed Ikes and found three that had a volunteer and a grade C bUs (meaning only the U was visible, and not a strong clash, like yours). I did not see the BUS on any of my other Ikes with clashes present other than the volunteer (as expected). I think it is worth rechecking any Ike with the volunteer clash. Thanks for refreshing this topic.
Steve Palladino

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 pm

I have from Bob three 72 T1 Ikes with the BUS Clash and have started to examine them.

Not all that easy to see the BUS, but that was true of many of the clash images when first noticed.

For me the easiest marker seems to be a very strong Volunteer clash. There are two fairly prominent reverse markes for this die pair, a small angular cud under the N of ONE and a modest die crack at the top of Ike's head like the bottom of a small skull cap.

I bet Steve is correct that we will find the BUS Clash on 72-D's with a heavy Volunteer image, and possibly on 71-D's.

More to come shortly. Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

Return to “Die clash images for talon head (TH), hair lip (HL) jaw line (JL), moon line (ML) upside down U (UDU), and clipped E (EC)”