Regarding Population Numbers... 1971-S Silver BS - UDU Var

Post pictures, comments and questions about this category of Ikes (Die clash overlay diagram inside)
shasta7

Regarding Population Numbers... 1971-S Silver BS - UDU Var

Post by shasta7 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Did or does anyone know how many 71 S Sil BS UDU are in the population reports?

I just found 2 of them... there really isn't a lot of info on these ...
or I am NOT looking in the right place... lol Any clue on what they
would sell for? Curious.... ty

SteveP
Global Moderater

Re: Regarding Population Numbers... 1971-S Silver BS - UDU V

Post by SteveP » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:23 pm

We have one listed DIVa 1971S SB UDU (1SB-401) here: http://www.ikegroup.info/DIVA%20listing ... SB-401.pdf. And we have six 1SB-401 listed in the DIVa population report, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... tput=html#.

However, the write-up in our PDF is not as specific as I'd like to see it with regards to detailed markers. I believe that there are at least 3, possibly four 1971S SB dies that resulted in UDU clash coins.

The DIVa write-up needs work, and the 1971S SB UDU group needs more investigation in general.
Last edited by SteveP on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Palladino

shasta7

Re: Regarding Population Numbers... 1971-S Silver BS - UDU V

Post by shasta7 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks Steve... for the info & all your hard work!!...

The 2 I have are abraded all over... striation lines mostly under & in back neck...
also many from L of Liberty, front of face, under motto to date... this is the most I have
seen on an Ike 40% Sil BS Dollar... I noticed also slight doubling on obv... there looks to
be a die line/crack in the hair directly under the letter R of Liberty... (it is on both coins
probably from same dies...)

Rev... has a lot of abrading also especially at the Top around the areas of United, Moon,
& E Pluribus Unum... also some slight doubling... right side stars, upper left side of America...
I think these will be good ones for collectors once the word gets out!! They don't seem easy
to find...

shasta7

Return to “Die clash images for talon head (TH), hair lip (HL) jaw line (JL), moon line (ML) upside down U (UDU), and clipped E (EC)”