WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post pictures, comments and questions about any other recognized or proposed die-state varieties
GrandAm

Re: WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post by GrandAm » Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 am

I don't believe either one to be fake. I will take some close-up photos before I send them to PCGS.

They are $100 pcs.

If it is fake it is a very good fake.

I am leaning to a PCGS screw-up with the duplicate serial numbers but everyone says that couldn't happen.

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Man, I can't believe after all the delays with this order and 8 business days after the variety was fixed they still haven't shipped my order.

It has now been almost 2 months since grades first popped and it has taken this long to fix one coin while holding up all the other coins in my order.

On a brighter note they did e-mail me a pre-paid shipping label to send the (2) Medals back with the same cert number and they checked the order in today.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out?

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Wed May 31, 2017 11:38 pm

I forgot to add that after studying more closely the (2) bar codes on the same serial number medals that the codes appear to be different to me. I would think both would be identical if both coins are genuine and just a double printed label mistake?

I wonder if PCGS will replace my Medal if counter-fit or just keep it?

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:10 pm

WTF?????

This says No Service/Not Holdered ,,,,, will it show up as holdered later tonight when their computer runs?
They have assigned (2) new cert numbers that are N/G as of now.

Order #21242718 / Submission #5522211
Account Home > Order Details
Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. Description Grade Country
1 1 84205986 596448 2016 Medal PCGS Commemorative 30th Anniversary, No Service/Not Holdered USA
2 1 84205987 596448 2016 Medal PCGS Commemorative 30th Anniversary, No Service/Not Holdered USA
Total Items: 2
Date Received: 5/30/2017
Date Shipped: 6/5/2017
Order Status: In Process

---------------------

Edited to add: I think I am SOL on both Medals :shock:

Anyone think that these will come back in the original holders? I am guessing not since both had same serial number.

On the bright side it is saying the order with my FEV finally shipped,,,,,, after I called them today and asked about it. It was sitting it the shipping room and I guess someone forgot about it until I called.
To be more accurate the girl said it was waiting in shipping until someone confirmed the new FEV label had the FEV info on it. I guess she sent someone to check on it since it shipped shortly after I talked to her.

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Well I just called PCGS and was told the Medals were reholdered and that they were both genuine.

They said that although the cert numbers don't show up in the system they will in a couple of days.

My package with the FEV is at my Post Office and I am going to pick it up shortly.

And so "As The World Turns"

--------------------------

Edited to add:

I asked why it said "No Service not holdered" on the medals and was told that was a code they had to use so that I wasn't charged anything.

A thumbs up to PCGS as they sent me a prepaid shipping label and it didn't cost me anying for reholder or return shipping. :P

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Well I did get my MS66 1971-D FEV correctly labeled back today.

In keeping with my wining and complaining mode to this thread,,,,, when I got to my PO Box there was a key in there to a PO Locker. Got the package out and YES,,,,,, label said signature confirmation. I never signed for it.

Went to the counter and asked what's up?????? I didn't sign for this,,,,,, like talking to a brick wall..... About a year ago I went around and around with the Post Master at my PO when a package of bullion from APMEX had a key to a locker in my PO Box,,,,,, it was supposed to require signature conf,,,,,,, when I checked it out I found the Post Master had signed for it and left the key in my PO Box,,,,,, I went off,,,,,, filed a complaint on-line with the USPS,,,,,,, called them,,,,,, raised heck,,,,,, nothing happened and now it happens again.

Whenever I have a package that shows up at my PO I try to get there the same day. My fear is they will put the key in the wrong PO Box and someone else will get my package out of the locker.

I get mail addressed to someone else in my PO Box 3 or 4 times a year so I know it can happen.

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 pm

While, we're at it, I sent a letter to PCGS last week requesting absolute, definite, hands down confirmation that the 71S FS-401 MS68 coin is real. It sure wouldn't be the first time PCGS fouled up recording. Remember the MS70 they cataloged a few years back? Some people - and people who should instantly know better - actually believed them. Some of us know all to well their ability to log proofs as MS, and 76 T2s as T1s.... and never fix them.

If that coin exists, which is in my mind is extraordinarily remote - but yet possible, I'd be shocked.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:28 am

Many years ago I got (5) 1973-S MS69's back from PCGS. Sego spotted them in the pop report and about has a heart attack! That was when his set was on display at the FUN show in Orlando.

The only problem was, they were 73-S Proof DCAM's NOT Blue pack Ikes! :o
Sounds like the same kind of mistake could have been made here....where a proof 68 got labeled as an MS.

Happy Hunting!
Brian