WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post pictures, comments and questions about any other recognized or proposed die-state varieties
GrandAm

Re: WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post by GrandAm » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 am

I only had the 1976-P and the 1978-P True-Viewed,,,,,,,,

wish I had the 1971-D photo'ed and I could wrap this up real quick.

NEKRay

Post by NEKRay » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Of a related note....just picked-up a couple PCGS "graded" Ikes to use as comparisons to ones to be sent in....and WTF are they doing over there?? Thought those oversized hits (contact marks) automatically resulted in MS63, or so, grade. This 72-D is labeled MS65, but really folks, if this condition coin is yielding a previously fairly illusive higher grade, our investments are in peril as the high grade population apparently is being polluted with these junk grade specimens. Mike disgruntled
Attachments
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
WTF65.jpg

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Great collections probably submitted this coin.. I heard a dealer say he sent in a coin by hisself and it got ms 63, he cracked it and sent to great collections and it came back 67.. I knew the dealer zo i dont think he was fibing

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Well my order still hasn't shipped and is still in process.

Normally it would have shipped the next day so maybe I did get them to pull it for another look.

I will update when I know the final outcome.

Tonemeister

Post by Tonemeister » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 am

daviscfad wrote:Great collections probably submitted this coin.. I heard a dealer say he sent in a coin by hisself and it got ms 63, he cracked it and sent to great collections and it came back 67.. I knew the dealer zo i dont think he was fibing
Again - if you refer to my earlier post, welcome to the great seas of the TGP/bean pirates. They'll put out the bate and reel you in, while pocketing your "investment". With the promised objective to leave you with a comforting thought of an eternal "blessing" number and your booty sealed in polystyrene from the "gods", the reality finally sets in that you've yet again been hornswaggled by the "Buck"aneers!

If you know better, which many of you most certainly do, why not begin to have a little faith in your own eyes.

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:21 am

Tonemeister wrote:
daviscfad wrote:Great collections probably submitted this coin.. I heard a dealer say he sent in a coin by hisself and it got ms 63, he cracked it and sent to great collections and it came back 67.. I knew the dealer zo i dont think he was fibing
Again - if you refer to my earlier post, welcome to the great seas of the TGP/bean pirates. They'll put out the bate and reel you in, while pocketing your "investment". With the promised objective to leave you with a comforting thought of an eternal "blessing" number and your booty sealed in polystyrene from the "gods", the reality finally sets in that you've yet again been hornswaggled by the "Buck"aneers!

If you know better, which many of you most certainly do, why not begin to have a little faith in your own eyes.
Exactly, just look at the money taken off the market by PCGS

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:29 am

We are much better off with PCGS and CAC and QA Check than without them,,,,,,,,

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Still waiting,,,,,,, order "in process"
Went to the end of the line I guess,,,,,,,,,,,
At least I got them to take another look before it shipped.
Read a thread at PCGS where alot of people were complaining about variety orders being screwed up :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm

I am getting really frustrated with PCGS Customer Service. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have been buying The 30th Anniversary Medals and recently received a 2nd "Authorized Dealer" Medal.

When I was logging it into my Excel Spread Sheet I noticed that it had the same cert number as one I had purchased a month earlier on eBay.

I e-mailed PCGS about it last Friday night and here it is almost a week later and no responce from PCGS.

I would think possible counterfit holders would cause some concern with them?????

In an eBay search I found that (3) of these have been sold with this cert number. (2) of them from the seller that I purchased the original medal from,,,,, however this could be explained by stock photos. The (2) medals I have are from (2) different sellers.

The only difference that I see is that the bar codes are different. If one or both of these are counterfit we had better be worried as the slabs look legit to me. Both have a laser etched number on the bottom edge and both are different numbers.

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Did you ever get this straight? I sent a 71 s/s and it didnt get attributed because I believe the coin got on the wrong line with how it was wrote down.. Going to call tomorrow because also a couple of my coins didnt get true viewed either.. :evil: so mad about this