WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post pictures, comments and questions about any other recognized or proposed die-state varieties
GrandAm

Re: WHO is attributing Varieties at PCGS?????

Post by GrandAm » Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 pm

No, still waiting on the FEV and the slabs with same cert numbers.

Can't believe that I haven't been called on the same cert numbers.

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 am

If I think of it tomorrow, I'll check my anniversary medal to see which one it matches.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Well, after an extensive search, I found it. Apparently I had kept it in the supplied blue PCGS box in which it arrived, and cleverly kept it next my hoard of empty blue PCGS boxes in an attempt to camouflage it from myself when looking for it down the road, knowing full well I would never remember I kept it in a blue PCGS box by itself.

Good super-spy thinking on my part, it worked well and caused me about an hour of searching and swearing.....

Anyway, you'll be thrilled to see that mine apparently has a COMPLETELY different insert:
IMG_20170507_120835677_HDR.jpg
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Well, that is refreshing that your coin has a different serial number,,,,,, what is disturbing is that after 2 weeks PCGS has not responded to my e-mail telling them that I have (2) with identical serial numbers. :(

Also my FEV is still in limbo along with the other coins on the submission just sitting there for 5 weeks after they were graded,,,,,, geez just grab the FEV and walk it over to a grader and have him take a look!!!!!

In January I sent an e-mail and still no word on the Medals that don't show up in the cert verification,,,,,, I have had at least 5 or 6 contacts regarding this problem.

I can remember when a problem was resolved within 2 or 3 days.

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Mon May 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Pcgs didnt attribute a 1979p wide rim because i called it a near date :shock: they are looking into this

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm

They decided to fix it, so A yay for pcgs

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Well, after becoming increasingly frustrated I today called PCGS again,

On the (4) Medals that don't show under cert verification,,,,,,, no word,,,, the girl says someone is working on them but doesn't know what the hold up is.

On the (2) with the same cert numbers she said that shouldn't happen,,,,, don't know how it happened and someone is working on it.

On the 1971-D FEV that they failed to attribute,,,,,,,,, you guessed it someone is working on it but don't know when it will be done.

GrandAm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Dang Gary.......You're having about as much luck with PCGS these days, as I had trying to get NGC to attribute the FEV years ago!! :o

Happy Hunting!
Brian

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Wierd, they missed the wide rim attribution on my SBA I told them and literally a day later it was fixed and 2 days later the coins shipped.. i sent a FEV that made it into a 65 holder.. also some peg legs.. I talked to Ashley i think it was.. she even called me back to let me know they fixed it..

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

UPDATE,,,,, well I just tried verifying the cert numbers on the 30th Anniversary Medals and they now show up.

Only took 4 months to get this fixed.

Even the Medal that I have (2) with the same cert number show up under verification,,,,,, no word from PCGS on what they think about that but maybe they will contact me.

Still nothing on the 1971-D that did not get the FEV label.