1976 D Clash Die & DDR

Jesjon048

1976 D Clash Die & DDR

Post by Jesjon048 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:34 am

Hello, I'm new to the site and very glad I found it because I have a couple Ike coins that I have been holding onto for the last 24 years. I have never done any research on them until the last few months, oddly enough I have never even considered selling them for any amount of money. I'm not sure why but these coins have always been special to me and my intent is to gather as much data on them and then pass them down to my son. They are both 1976 from the Denver mint, not sure which type but I think they may be one of each. I will attach the photos I have available, although the images leave much to be desired, and will take some better pics once I upgrade my equipment. I sincerely appreciate any info or advice concerning these two coins, I'm in the running for a few more (one of each year) Ike dollars and if I win the auction I will post those as well. I guess my biggest question is which variety are these? I apologize for the pics not being in any type of order, I'm still getting used to the technology. :roll:
Thank you so much for your help!
Jesse.
Attachments
KIMG2758.JPG
KIMG2759.JPG
KIMG2760.JPG
KIMG2750.JPG
KIMG2748.JPG
KIMG2747.JPG
KIMG2743.JPG

Irish2ice

Re: 1976 D Clash Die & DDR

Post by Irish2ice » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 am

Hello and welcome Jesse.

Very nice Ike's you've got there. I love the clashes..very cool.

Type 1 & 2 are determined by the reverse of the coin. Since you only posted the one reverse, I can tell you that one is a Type 2.

Browse the site as there is an incredible wealth of knowledge here. It will definately add to your curiousity for Eisenhower's.
Bob G.

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jesjon048

Post by Jesjon048 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:41 am

Thank you Bob! I am fascinated that there is so much info and attention to this particular coin, I thought I was the only one that the "Ikes" grabbed hold of! I am learning so much about them thanks to this site, I guess my next step should be to have my Ike's graded, or certified for the variety type.

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:27 pm

You can also differentiate 1976 Type 1 from 2 by the R in LIBERTY. These both appear to be type 2 Ike's, but I would definitely coorborate with the reverse lettering style marker.

I can't say that I've seen such a nice clash of the moon on the obverse. I'll have to go back and take a look at my other clashes. I have typically looked for nice obverse bell clashes or reverse nose clashes. This adds another location to look for.

Thank you for posting and welcome!
Steve Palladino

HerbHicks

Post by HerbHicks » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Welcome!