Breen Type Cross Reference

KLFenstermaker

Breen Type Cross Reference

Post by KLFenstermaker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:23 pm

While looking for some Ike's to complete my set, I came across an ANACS certified 1971S proof with a Breen-5746 designation. PCGS indicates it is a Peg Leg variety, but not much else. Does anyone have any further info on how I can cross reference Breen designations to more commonly used systems?

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: Breen Type Cross Reference

Post by AndyO » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm

There really isn’t anyone with an Ike system other than us. Anything that references Breen is worthless, in my opinion. Breen was a horrible man, an quite frankly his coin skills are/were WAY overblown. He called a lot of his opinions fact with no substantiation. There is no documented cross reference for his Ike (jibberish) work that I’m aware of.

Tom Kalansis was putting together his own system prior to his death, but it is VERY detailed on varieties that many people simply won’t be Interested in because the variances are to small to see without extreme magnification.

Check out our DIVa tab on our home page. We have quite an extensive listing, but by no means complete.

FYI, 71S proof peg legs abound, as in a couple million. ANACS labeled an enormous amount of these prior to them understanding that there was no rarity factor. You can find the whole story of 71S proof peg legs and 71S proof serifed Ikes on our website.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

KLFenstermaker

Re: Breen Type Cross Reference

Post by KLFenstermaker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Andy, thanks for your responses to both my posts today. Very helpful, especially with the Breen comments. I have been to the JMS site, what I see listed is either same or lower quality than what I have. Just need to keep looking. :D