New Counterfeit 1971-S Ike Received

19Lyds

New Counterfeit 1971-S Ike Received

Post by 19Lyds » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi folks!

While shopping for Low Ball candidates on eBay, I ran across this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0339085621 auction.

The coin is advertised as "circulated" and definitely looks "circulated" but when it arrived today, this is what I found:

While I am delighted that I picked this up for only $3.25 + $2.00 shipping, I just need to warn the lo-ballers out there that IKE's do get counterfeited.
The coin weights 20.8 grams. I have no idea but strongly suspect that it has 0 percent silver within it as it appears to be pewter.
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

robEzerman

Re: New Counterfeit 1971-S Ike Received

Post by robEzerman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"! This is more good news. . . Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

herbhicks

Post by herbhicks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Obviously a T 1. I see signs they are getting too good already. Some counterfeiters are using 900 fine silver already. I fear how far they will go in perfecting these already. One Chinese counterfeiter is making Canadian coins (supposed to be 800 fine) out of the 900 fine stock.

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:38 am

Well at least we know they've chosen the 1971-S to do their dirty work. Right?

I rechecked the pictures of Tom K's counterfeit to see if the two were different and they are definitely different so there appears to be more than one purveyor of tainted IKE's out there.
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

tko-5

Post by tko-5 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Lee

They most likely wont stop but it is important to show us all whats going on out there, Nice pictures and artical.

Tom K.