Things aren't always as they appear!

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Things aren't always as they appear!

Post by BrianVaile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:39 am

When looking for variety Ikes on the internet, I guess it should go without saying...Buyer beware!
Even those of us that have been doing it for a long time, looking for the right "markers" of
the scarcer varieties get burned on a regular basis. Most of this can probably be attributed
to bad lighting or pics that aren't all that sharp.

Another possibility is photo-shopping or altering a picture to make it LOOK like a
scarce variety, when it is not. While I don't really think a lot of this is going on...It does
remain a possibility to be aware of. I have had a run of bad luck lately and have come
to the conclusion that, NOTHING beats having the coin in hand and checking it out with
a glass or loop! I have to start getting out more and hitting B&M's!

Happy Hunting!
Brian

19Lyds

Re: Things aren't always as they appear!

Post by 19Lyds » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 pm

I think it has Rob. I know of one seller that sells roll's of 1971-S BS coins in a square tube that has a 71-S Pegger right smack on top. He uses the identicle photograph for his 1971-S BS Singles.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is intentional to attract bids from folks who think they are going to score in the big leagues!
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Lee, I guess we're paying the price for work! I'm just grateful there is still quite a bit of low-hanging fruit to be picked. Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Amen Rob!

Wanna buy some MS66 1971-S SB IKE's! Lord knows I have more than my share............... :lol:
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008