Bought 2 clipped IKE's

twitcherroo

Bought 2 clipped IKE's

Post by twitcherroo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

I bought a coin lot this week with 2 clipped IKE's in it. They both exhibit the Blakesly effect so I think they're good. Though I have never seen or held a clipped IKE before, I do have a good bit of experience with clipped Kennedy's. Any thoughts at all are appreciated. Overall it was a ridiculously good deal as the lot was under described and under photographed. In the lot I valued these each at $6.26.

I guess this means the IKE group is doing it's job as I'm now more active in IKE's than before discovering the site. Nice work fella's.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
IMG_4388.JPG

Jones

Re: Bought 2 clipped IKE's

Post by Jones » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 am

there is another diagnostic for clad curved clip coins. The info can be found at DerbyCityCoinClub.com

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 am

twitcherroo wrote:I bought a coin lot this week with 2 clipped IKE's in it. They both exhibit the Blakesly effect so I think they're good. Though I have never seen or held a clipped IKE before, I do have a good bit of experience with clipped Kennedy's. Any thoughts at all are appreciated. Overall it was a ridiculously good deal as the lot was under described and under photographed. In the lot I valued these each at $6.26.

I guess this means the IKE group is doing it's job as I'm now more active in IKE's than before discovering the site. Nice work fella's.

Thanks,
Joe
Back when I was chasing Eisenhower Incomplete Planchets I could not help but notice that 1972-D and 1977-D were the toughest to find.

Well, lets just say that these rarely, if ever came up in error coin listings.

I snagged a PCGS graded MS64 1977-D Straight Clip from Fred Weinberg as well as a raw, ungraded 1977-D Double Clip.

I was happy.
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

rjp

Post by rjp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 am

Those are a nice find.
I only have one clipped Ike, But it is a 1972 T1 double clipped Ike at 5 & 10 O clock in a PCGS holder.
I have it in my set at PCGS:

https://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/collec ... wcase/2281
:P
Bob
PCGS Rattlers, OGH; Ikes
ANACS Photo Certs;
Sample Slabs;
old TPG Slabs, Ikes, I collect the plastic!