The Ike Group Forum

The Ike Group's Mission is to guide, inform, and provide expertise as the complete Eisenhower dollar resource.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bought 2 clipped IKE's
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm 

I bought a coin lot this week with 2 clipped IKE's in it. They both exhibit the Blakesly effect so I think they're good. Though I have never seen or held a clipped IKE before, I do have a good bit of experience with clipped Kennedy's. Any thoughts at all are appreciated. Overall it was a ridiculously good deal as the lot was under described and under photographed. In the lot I valued these each at $6.26.

I guess this means the IKE group is doing it's job as I'm now more active in IKE's than before discovering the site. Nice work fella's.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments:
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 101 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 am 

there is another diagnostic for clad curved clip coins. The info can be found at DerbyCityCoinClub.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 am 

twitcherroo wrote:
I bought a coin lot this week with 2 clipped IKE's in it. They both exhibit the Blakesly effect so I think they're good. Though I have never seen or held a clipped IKE before, I do have a good bit of experience with clipped Kennedy's. Any thoughts at all are appreciated. Overall it was a ridiculously good deal as the lot was under described and under photographed. In the lot I valued these each at $6.26.

I guess this means the IKE group is doing it's job as I'm now more active in IKE's than before discovering the site. Nice work fella's.

Thanks,
Joe

Back when I was chasing Eisenhower Incomplete Planchets I could not help but notice that 1972-D and 1977-D were the toughest to find.

Well, lets just say that these rarely, if ever came up in error coin listings.

I snagged a PCGS graded MS64 1977-D Straight Clip from Fred Weinberg as well as a raw, ungraded 1977-D Double Clip.

I was happy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:50 am 

Those are a nice find.
I only have one clipped Ike, But it is a 1972 T1 double clipped Ike at 5 & 10 O clock in a PCGS holder.
I have it in my set at PCGS:

https://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/collectors-showcase/2281

ANACS Photo Certs;
Sample Slabs;
old TPG Slabs, Ikes, I collect the plastic!