A boat load of Ike's. A super hoard!!

weavertd

A boat load of Ike's. A super hoard!!

Post by weavertd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

I have been working a contact that claimed to have 42,000 Ikes. I have chanced a number of these leads only to end up with nothing. Finally landed a boat load. Check out the picture, the first 5000 are in my possession. An Ike lovers dream.
Attachments
image.jpg

DaveWantuck

Re: A boat load of Ike's. A super hoard!!

Post by DaveWantuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 am

OMG..... :o Thats 'almost' too many Ikes for one man to have... :mrgreen: The only $1,000 bag I got to go thru was just a few weeks ago, and I had to do it at a local coin show...its was UNbelievable...and I got about 125 coins total, and about 25 of those were PROOF :o thyey were just sitting in that bag waiting for me to buy them...I paid $2.oo each but I didn't care....the dealer told me he just purchased the bag and nobody had ever looked through it...he wasn't into Ikes and bought the bag to sell at shows...I can't even imagine what you must be feeling like at this moment...I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area of the state, so if you're not TOOOOOOO far from me, I'll stop by and help you go thru those bags :lol: ...what a fantastic find....congrats!!!! I've contacted local banks and even called the FED a few times but couldn't get anyone to get me any canvas/plastic bags of Ikes....hope you find varities and FEV's and type 2 and 1976 type 1 and DD and on and on and on...you are one lucky man....enjoy!!!
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 am

Awesome acquisition. You will have to keep us posted on what you find.
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 am

weavertd wrote:An Ike lovers dream.
Damn right! To steal Brian's line...Happy Hunting!
Steve Palladino

weavertd

Post by weavertd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm

1872Hokie wrote:Awesome acquisition. You will have to keep us posted on what you find.
Truth be told guys. I would love to go thru these personally, but unfortunately I just don't have the time these days. That darn thing called work gets in the way of coins!! I have a friend who I trained to look for Type 2's and told him to set aside anything that looks "weird". I tried to train him on the FEV, but he doesn't have that one down. My strategy is to grab all the Type 2s any Morgan, Peace or Silver Eagles, Silver Ike BS & PF and sell the rest. I don't want to lose the opportunity to get into all 42 bags of 1000 and I certainly don't have the money laying around to buy them all at once.

The first few bags did yield 4 Type 2s, a Morgan, 6 Silver BS & PF. The real bonus was extremely RARE 1886-CC, 1888-CC, 1887-CC Morgans!!!!!! Too bad they were Chinese Fakes :lol:

I know I am passing by some very interesting varieties and more then likely a number of FEVs even. If you guys are interested in any of the bags let me know. Keep in mind we will have gone thru them for the above mentioned, but there will certainly be other varieties in there. When I mention to my friend, peg leg, hairlip, die clash he thinks I'm talking about pirates and warships Will sell them cheap to get cash flowing to buy the other bags.

DaveWantuck

Post by DaveWantuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm

OK...let me get this straight...you're actually going to have someone go thru all 42,000 Ikes? And you're willing to sell, lets call them "scraps" to all your buddies on the Ike Group? Just how cheap is cheap? And I'm sure you had to go thru some of those coins yourself, so, any MS coins? I'm a nut for 1975 Ikes so if you could get your pirate buddy 8-) to put aside the 1975 Ikes, I just might be interested...unless you want to sell the bag "as is"....let me/us know!! Again, you are one very lucky %@&*!@
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Wow, the potential for varieties in those bags has to be huge.
Wish I lived closer, I would definately volunteer to help sift through them.
Good luck, and keep us posted on the finds. And if any of the proofs yeilds a NightCrawler you're willing to part with, let me know!
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

weavertd

Post by weavertd » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 pm

The second batch of 5000 Ikes / 32,000 more to go thru!!
Attachments
image.jpg

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Have you found anything to make it worth the effort so far?
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

tko-5

Post by tko-5 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Great, :D hope you find DDO/DDR ;) Keep looking! Rob just landed the first 1973 stand alone die, his coin visualy shows you the master hub doubling and the newer Quadrupling as well, keep them coming.

Best wishes, all I can do to help ;)