1971S Nightcrawler

FS-801

Re: 1971S Nightcrawler

Post by FS-801 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 pm

I'm assuming I would have to send this in to one of you guys, right? Would pictures of the slabbed coin be enough, or does the coin need to go through a new identification/verification process?
My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety PCGS Registry Set: http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/publish ... x?s=119137

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

FS-801 wrote:I'm assuming I would have to send this in to one of you guys, right? Would pictures of the slabbed coin be enough, or does the coin need to go through a new identification/verification process?
Your assumption is correct. We have to have it hand to replace the sticker. It would then be added to the DIVa pop report database.
Steve Palladino

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Anyone want to take bets if I found one? It's on the way, so we'll see in a few days.

What say ye?
Attachments
NC-1600.jpg
Bob G.

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Irish2ice wrote:Anyone want to take bets if I found one? It's on the way, so we'll see in a few days.

What say ye?
Looks like a winner to me.
Steve Palladino

NEKRay

Post by NEKRay » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:42 pm

Just wondering what the restoration cost is? Nice coin.

Mike

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:20 am

NEKRay wrote:Just wondering what the restoration cost is? Nice coin.

Mike
For Moderns (Ikes) through PCGS:
$22 restoration and grade fee
$10 handling fee
shipping
(an attribution fee would normally be another add-on, but the Nightcrawler is not attributed by PCGS*)

*I believe that ANACS attributes nightcrawlers as "hubbed through debris". Of course, you can have Nightcrawler in any TPG holder attributed and stickered in the DIVa attribution program.
Steve Palladino

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Looks like a winner

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Irish2ice wrote:Anyone want to take bets if I found one? It's on the way, so we'll see in a few days.

What say ye?

AND....drum roll please....I'm batting 0%. Even though I confirmed the coin pictured was the coin I would receive....NOPE. I got the "Oh sorry, that must have been a coin I sold a while back"

That was the third coin I've purchased that I was 95+% was a Night Crawler......*sigh*
Bob G.

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Irish2ice wrote:

What say ye?

AND....drum roll please....I'm batting 0%. Even though I confirmed the coin pictured was the coin I would receive....NOPE. I got the "Oh sorry, that must have been a coin I sold a while back"

That was the third coin I've purchased that I was 95+% was a Night Crawler......*sigh*
Name the seller please. eBay?
Steve Palladino

Irish2ice

Post by Irish2ice » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:31 pm

SteveP wrote:
Irish2ice wrote:

What say ye?

Name the seller please. eBay?
Steve, I'll PM it to you, but I'd rather not shame a seller publicly as she was actually very nice. She offered to refund the purchase price plus return shipping if I wanted and vowed never to use the same photo's again. She sells/sold very few coins and didn't think there was any difference among 1971-S Eisenhower's.

HOWEVER, I will say, if you bought a cloudy 71 Proof on or around August 9th, you probably bought the one I thought I was getting. ;)
Bob G.