FEV Submission

GrandAm

FEV Submission

Post by GrandAm » Tue May 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Question, do you have to pay the Variety Attribuation fee if you have a raw FEV graded at PCGS?

They don't charge for 1972-P Ty 2 coins.

I have a NGC MS66 I am going to crack out.

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Re: FEV Submission

Post by BrianVaile » Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Yes, They don't treat it the same as a type 2 even though it is just as easy to attribute.
Are you finally cracking out that NGC 67 RPM?

No More Happy Hunting Here!
Brian

GrandAm

Post by GrandAm » Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 pm

No, I sold the NGC coin years ago.

I won an NGC MS66 unattributed FEV at auction. I hate to pay $18 for it plus grading but I guess I will.

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 pm

The "key" to determining if you have to pay the Variety Attribution fee is in the Coin Number and whether or not the coin is a "Heritage Variety".

6 Digit coin Numbers at PCGS ALWAYS require the Variety Attribution fee. 5 digit coin numbers do not.

The ONLY reason that these 6 digit coin numbers exist is because of the Cherry Pickers Guide and the fact that David Hall once said the PCGS would attribute any variety that is in the Cherry Pickers Guide.

The 5 digit coin number varieties are varieties that have been established prior to the Cherry Pickers Guide and are for known, and accepted coin varieties such as the Type 1, 2, and 3 1972 IKE's. The other 5 digit coin variety numbers are the CAM and DCAM designations on IKEs.

It's a sad state of affairs when a supposed World Class Grading and Authenticating Service has to rely upon the Cherry Pickers Guide for the simplest of variety attributions such as the FEV.

As for cracking out the NGC Coin? Personally, I would not do it on the first go around since it has considerable value even in the NGC Holder. After all, if you crack it and it comes back as an MS65, watcha gonna do other than cry about all the money that was left on the table??
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008