Got my Interest in Ikes Back

Bman33

Got my Interest in Ikes Back

Post by Bman33 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:49 pm

So a buddy of mine who is a dealer too came upon a 72 type II. He notified me and asked if I was interested and he would give me below grey sheet for an AU 58. This would be my first 72 type II so I am excited. I am not sure how much to pay for a raw AU58 though. I'm seeing between $60-$90 range. He got this from a client that had a hundred or so Ikes so this would come from the Wild. Any advice on pricing would be great from you all. Anyways, all this gets me back into my collection which I have ignored for quite a few months. I broke mine out and realized I have a lot of work to do. Currently I have 31 coins out of 35 (my own definition of a set). I am needing the 72 type2, 74S , 76S type 1, and a 78. So with this 72 type 2 I can get the rest pretty easy. My quest for my first set is almost done. I am unsatisfied though. First off, my presentation and way of keeping the collection together is bothering me. I have a binder that has plastic pages that carries 20 coins. I put all the coins in flips then into the binder. I was going to crack out all Browns and Blues and 76 sets and put them in the binder. I have done that to some but now I don't like that approach. Someone give me some advice on how to make a nice presentation of Ikes.

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: Got my Interest in Ikes Back

Post by AndyO » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:26 pm

$40 - TOPS. You can buy a PCGS MS64 for $250 these days... $100 should buy you a slabbed MS62 for sure, if not a lucky MS63.

I would strongly suggest you put the collection in a Dansco album. Not expensive, and they do a VERY nice job.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am

I 2nd the Dansco album! :D
Unless you really like the color blue,...then go with a Whitman album.

Happy Hunting!
Brian

BrianS

Post by BrianS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Try a few different methods, it's good excuse to collect more Ike's.
ike-albums.JPG

Bman33

Post by Bman33 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm

So I picked up a Whitman, Miscellaneous Dollars album today. It has enough slots to carry my 35 coin basic set. I realize the Dansco Basic is 32 Coins but I threw in the FEV and 72 Type 1-3. So now I would like to label it nicely and make it look presentable. Will be enjoyable and rewarding to do. I have some bad news on my 72 type 2. My dealer friend came back to me saying it was a false alarm and the coin in question was a type 1. So I am now down to getting that one coin to complete my first set. Today, I picked up a 74S, 76S type 1, and 78 to get down to one coin (72 Type 2). After going through the Ike Group site I realize there is room for pretty much limitless expansion. Looks like all the DIVA varieties could keep me busy for a lifetime.