1974 Brown Box DDO/DDR

1872Hokie

1974 Brown Box DDO/DDR

Post by 1872Hokie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Wanted to share my latest:

Need to do some research on the IDDD website, but i'm open to any help coming up with the appropriate label. Thanks!
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

tko-5

Re: 1974 Brown Box DDO/DDR

Post by tko-5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm

I have just up-dated the IDDD 1974 page, still more to come for 1974, note a new none master 1973 proof reverse, a first for 1973, this is actually big news for DDO guys, that is the next coin in line, had a sneak preview, all I will say for now is WOW :o and congratulations to Rob Ezerman of the Ike group the owner of the coin.

A general note for 1973 DDO/DDR coins, should be at least tripled for a guy like me to look at it again, or if any lettered or numbered device having any pointed protrusions coming out of them, could also include for a second look and possible inclusion to being listed.

All the rest, so far but one, Rob's new find are basically master die down lined, IDDD has them grouped with there hub number as to avoid dealing with any arguments relating to what master people call them, so as you can see, staying away from master 1 or master 2 might be for the best, I use hubs and gave them a number, never done before and a product of IDDD, I have even had some say, who collects hubs, none of us do, they are in fact a guide for us to have something to go by that is sole owned by IDDD and any one wanting to use the system, and at the same time no one can ever dispute.

Back to work ;)

Tom

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Tom, how common is the 1974 DDO/DDR I have here?
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

tko-5

Post by tko-5 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

the obverse looks like a class II doubled die, pretty common, as for the reverse I would need plenty more pictures to tell.

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am

I'm thinking I may just want you to look at this one and a couple others that I have. I picked up a USB microscope, but don't have a program yet for capturing still pictures, only video. Still, it makes diagnostics a little easier than using my loupe.
I will be in touch!
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

tko-5

Post by tko-5 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Feel free to send them in, send 5 bucks each + 6 .00 for return shipping.
After looking we can decide if you want anything sent in to Anacs, we can work that out when we get to it.

If any coins turn out to be Hub numbers the charge is just 3.00 dollars each both sides.

Numbered with IDDD numbers are 5.00 dollars each both sides, new coins as well 5.00 dollars.

Any credits will be re-used as we need to, or I can just send back the credited amount with any coins going back to you.

Send me an email with your name and address, phone number and email.

Tom