Any Idea which RPM this might be??

19Lyds

Any Idea which RPM this might be??

Post by 19Lyds » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:37 pm

I pulled this MS66 FEV out of the SDB and spotted this:

It also has the REV:

I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Re: Any Idea which RPM this might be??

Post by BrianVaile » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:32 am

Good Find!!
Off the top of my head, without mine to compare to,(Rob has mine for pics) I would say it looks like the first of the two
RPM's for the FEV....the WRPM-002. They designated it 002 because it was the 2nd 71-D/D, but it's
the first one with the 006 Reverse. Hard to judge the rarity factor on scarce varieties..... :? because the
variety is scarce to find to begin with....but of the (2) (possibly...the jury is still out on one)...RPM's in
the FEV's this one is scarcer. I still think Tom's WRPM-001 "regular" 71-D/D is rarer than either FEV RPM.

The other (supposedly) FEV RPM always seems to come with a "Slingshot"-looking die crack that goes right
through the Y of LIBERTY.

Lee, could you post a pic of the die scratch ear marker on the 72-S FS-101? :?:

Thanks!
Happy Hunting!
Brian

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:03 pm

I updated the FS-101 thread and added another. Unfortunately, there are no die scratches in the ear.
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey Lee,
Dang it!, looks like I'll just have to compare to the CPG! :cry:
Thanks for posting the pics of the new one, (and attributed one).
Found any "Oh,NO!'s" to go along with that D/D in that FEV inventory yet?
Happy Hunting!
Brian

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am

BrianVaile wrote:Hey Lee, Dang it!, looks like I'll just have to compare to the CPG! :cry: Thanks for posting the pics of the new one, (and attributed one).
Found any "Oh,NO!'s" to go along with that D/D in that FEV inventory yet? Happy Hunting! Brian
From my Graded coins I have 4 Oh No's ranging from this:

To this:

I have no Cuddly Ted's or Slingshots but do have one ranging from this:

To this:

Looks like there's a new one to look for!

robEzerman

Re: ? THE OTHER FEV RPM???

Post by robEzerman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Low grade PCGS-holdered FEV had this D/D which extends from one corner to the other, quite a magnificent arc, even if on a small scale. . .

Brian, have you seen this one? Is it the same as Lee posted above, or different?

(Quick and dirty photos but I now know how I'll be shooting all of Brian's D/D's: first, three taken-flat shots of each to pin down the location of each D/D, then "portraits" of each held and lighted to bring out each to the max.

I had originally planned to shoot each "portrait" with the same lighting and position to facilitate comparison among them but this just didn't work. Some are similar but some are quite different and require different lighting to bring out.)

Rob
Attachments
DSCN0300.JPG
shows the notch on the upper left corner (it may be a double notch) and the connecting arch toward the lower left corner.
DSCN0297.JPG
Shows the notch on the lower left corner of the D and the arch.
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:11 am

Nice Die cracks Lee!

I guess we are going to have to be satisfied with just one D/D for the FEV's...
It's official, the "Slingshot" is NOT a D/D RPM....Just a die crack.

However,.......We did land a 3rd RPM for the 71-D. :shock:
Should have it in hand and to Rob for pics by Christmas.

Happy Hunting!
Brian