Type 1 Bicentennial Peg Leg questions

These Peg Legs were created by the polishing (or abrading) done to the area between Ike's head and the "R" on the working or master dies.
Chrishjr1976

Type 1 Bicentennial Peg Leg questions

Post by Chrishjr1976 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am

After buying the Little Book (in digital format) and reading an insane amount of postings here on this forum you have created I still have questions regarding the Type 1 Bicentennials. Are peg legs common on circulation issue (typical mint set) Bicentennials? The reason I ask is that I have roughly 200+ of each Bicentennial issue nickel clad issue Ikes (some removed from circulation and others that have recently been removed from sealed mint sets) and I have only seen a hand full of examples that are similar to the pictures below. Also, what style of Peg Leg could these be? (best photos I could supply with my current equipment).
Possible Peg Leg on 1976 P Type 1 - cropped.jpg
1976 P Type 1 possible peg leg
Possible Peg Leg on 1976 D Type 1 -cropped.jpg
1976 D Type 1 possible peg leg
I would also like anyone's opinion about a possible grade on the following Ike. I feel it would grade MS66 as there appears to be almost no contact marks at all aside from the 3 small dots near the right side of the bell on the reverse. I'm not sure how much of an impact those may have on the over all grade. (sorry for the horrible reverse photo)
1976 S BU Obverse - smaller.jpg
1976 S SB Obverse
1976 S BU Obverse - smaller.jpg (112.05 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
1976 S BU Reverse - smaller.jpg
1976 S SB Reverse
1976 S BU Reverse - smaller.jpg (111.63 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
"Do what you can with what you have, where you are" Theordore Roosevelt

Chrishjr1976

Re: Type 1 Bicentennial Peg Leg questions

Post by Chrishjr1976 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Nevermind..... I found the information about it in Chapter 14 of the Little Book.
"Do what you can with what you have, where you are" Theordore Roosevelt