1972-D Peg Leg with Lots of Clashes

These Peg Legs were created by the polishing (or abrading) done to the area between Ike's head and the "R" on the working or master dies.
1872Hokie

Re: 1972-D Peg Leg with Lots of Clashes

Post by 1872Hokie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:38 am

Steve,
I attempted MM Lines on my peg leg and this is what I came up with.
It looks like it falls in with the last of the 4 MM placements you listed in this thread:
http://forum2.ikegroup.info/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1791
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:12 am

That post was back when I was first starting to apply MMP lines. Essentially, I will be redoing the MMP lines, noting consistent markers, and cataloguing all of the peg legs in the Ike series. I have many more samples on hand to include in the new study (eg, approx. 100 1972D peg legs). Better MMP lines + noting markers + more samples to examine = more reliable information (I hope). Anyway, I'll start on that once I'm done with the FEV work, which is presently temporarily stalled due to DIVa roll-out work, and being on-call at work this week.

That aside, the lines on the photo above are not quite right - the 7-F line is off a bit, and the D line is not present. However, when I did lines this morning (below), I would say that your assessment that your coin match the 4th MMP is correct. As I get around to the peg leg catalogue, I'll check for matching markers - thank you.
Attachments
bryan 72D peg leg.jpg
Steve Palladino

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 am

Yeah, I figured they might be just right, but close enough for assumptions until I can get it PCGS holdered and sent in once the new DIVa's are rolled out.
Thanks Steve!
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan