Peg Leg - Population Numbers....

These Peg Legs were created by the polishing (or abrading) done to the area between Ike's head and the "R" on the working or master dies.
shasta7

Peg Leg - Population Numbers....

Post by shasta7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:14 am

Just wanted to know is there any data on population reports on Peg Legs...
If so... can someone post them or tell me where to find it? Thanks...

1872Hokie

Re: Peg Leg - Population Numbers....

Post by 1872Hokie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

To my knowledge ANACS is one of the few that attribute all peg legs. NGC and PCGS do not (aside from the 71-S FS-401) and thus would not have any statistics. Even some of the ANACS coins get holdered without attribution if it was not elected, so I doubt there are any good published reports on the populations, yet...
I think as the new DIVa program gets rolled out this information will be more readily available. You have to take into account that those will be reported numbers. Who knows how many are in private collections or undiscovered. It is easy to forget how many people there are out there that do not like to share such information. Some people don't even know what it is they actually have.
That being said, I'm looking forward to the reintroduction of the DIVa program and the solidarity among the series it should provide. I know a lot of work has gone into it. I also wouldn't be surprised if more Peg Leg Ike's made it into the next CPG, which could help the progression of this variety, but that is down the road a bit.
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

shasta7

Post by shasta7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

1872hokie... Thanks for your reply & comments... :-)

I too am looking forward to see the Diva info... I think it will help spread the word
to more people about not only the different Var of coins out there BUT also get the
word out on the Ike Group & what they are all about...

It would be nice to see all the Peg Legs get some coverage to the public... I think these
coins are fascinating... brings up many interesting questions on the mints processing &
minting technics... I guess I am just the curious type... that if something is not normal
I want to know why!!! hehehe

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Shasta, I am sure you have already looked at the chart halfway down on this page: http://www.ikegroup.info/?page_id=214
But figured it was worth reposting. Hopefully one day the DIVa program will be held in the same regard as VAMs. The work site members and the Ike Group are contributing is going to lay a great foundation!
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

shasta7

Post by shasta7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Yes 1872okie... I did read that & have that stored away for future use... lol
same as the info on Type 2's & Fev's.... :-) we have a lot of great people here
to give a wealth of info... I too feel one day the work everyone is doing will pay off...

anytime you help a collector then you did good... I still think there will be more discoveries
with the Ike Coins in the future...