daviscfad

Re: 1974-s silver Eskimo?

Post by daviscfad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 pm

broke this out earlier tonight, figured i may have a clearer image of the obv

also a reverse shot

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Which grading company would slab this variety?

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:25 am

daviscfad wrote:Which grading company would slab this variety?
Any of them with slab it, but I doubt any would label it as an EBPL. You can got he route of getting it slabbed, then having it attributed with a DIVa sticker.
Steve Palladino

daviscfad

Post by daviscfad » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Thanks Steve.. I will probably send it to pcgs then.. Wasn't sure if anacs or ngc would give it a designation

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:26 pm

You know, one other thing on this topic that I could never put my finger on until looking again today: a (to my eyes) reduction of just simply the overall mass on the lower part of the leg. Clearly some of these legs have the larger separation between foot and scalp, a usual characteristic of a peg leg. Yet many still exhibit flare to some degree which appears to me to be wider than the top of the leg. I would normally then negate - like a good peg leg purist I am... Maybe my mind and eyes are simply undergoing an illusion due to extra thinning in the middle of the leg. Certainly that aspect can be present an still meet the (at least my) peg leg definition.

I mean, they always seem like they should be called peg legs, but then my mind rules them out when I see and flare or serif evidence.

I'm open to be pulled from the dark side, the force is strong. However, I can't seem to formulate a more logic induced definition. We did put up the 3SP-201 as a peg leg.... Admittedly it takes me a while to even agree with that one, but upon close inspection I go along that the top and bottom of the legs are at least equal, and then the gap gets me over the hurdle.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer