1972 P Type II Ikes...

Post comments and questions about the three 1972 Philadelphia Mint reverse Designs
shasta7

1972 P Type II Ikes...

Post by shasta7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi everyone...

I have NOT posted in a long time... & after reading most all of the posts I noticed that there weren't any posts or very few
posts of anyone finding any of the 1972 P Type II's coins... is this because they just are NOT reporting of finding any or that
no one is posting they found some??? As for me... I have went thru hundreds of 1972 P but haven't found any...

Seems like there isn't many posting like they did before... :-( Hope to hear back from some of you on this subject!!!
Thanks...

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: 1972 P Type II Ikes...

Post by AndyO » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:20 pm

My take: Type 2 72's are old news. The market is absolutely saturated, and the collecting world has come to understand (finally) that they are not rare. MS65's can be had for $1,000 or less.

This is also another issue where PCGS has blown value out of the water with their rampant over-grading. Calling some of the more recent MS66 labeled coins abortions would be putting it politely.

Thankfully, in my opinion, this is one issue where CAC has helped. The only problem is, slabs don't light up saying " I wasn't stickered by CAC".
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

shasta7

Re: 1972 P Type II Ikes...

Post by shasta7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Andy... interesting comments...

You could be right... this brings up an interesting situation... if true Type II's are old news then what is NEW news...
when it comes to Ike Dollars... it is sad that any interest in this series is going down... it is like collecting this Large
coins is like them going into hibernation... I agree that the grading services over blown things... as we all know they
are all about making money...

I for one will still be looking/searching for Type II Ike Dollars... & other type varieties... :-)