DIE-ABRASION DIE-STATE CLAD “PEG LEGS” and “CLIPPED E”

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Re: DIE-ABRASION DIE-STATE CLAD “PEG LEGS” and “CLIPPED E”

Post by BrianVaile » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:02 am

Hey Dave,
The same thing happened to me at a recent show. Seems like every table I asked at for Blue Ikes, I got the reply. "Some one just came by and bought them all!" :o
Gotta get to those shows EARLY these days! ;)
Happy Hunting!
Brian

DaveWantuck

Post by DaveWantuck » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Hey Brian...
I usually try to get to this particular show (they happen twice a year) on a friday....when most people are working and I can 'cruise' the floor in peace...but this year I didn't go until Saturday....this coming Spring when the shows comes back to Pittsburgh, I'll go early...I'm reading as much stuff as you guys are putting out here at the Ike Group and learning lots, albeit some confusion on my part....you know what they say.."live and learn" and I'm trying, I'm trying....by the way, I was looking at some Ikes I've had for a few months and don't you know, the first one in my hand was a 71-D talon head in Grade A condition....and about 20 Ikes later, I think I've got another 71-D talon head Grade C....I saw the Grade A one with the naked eye...it just POPPED out at me....you guys (Ike Group) have made my hobby more fun than I thought I'd have :lol: ...so much information, so little time....hehehe
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:48 am

Hi Dave,
Glad you are enjoying your new "expanded horizons" in Ike-Land! :P
One of the neatest things about clashed die Ikes is the "Naked Eye" factor. Once you know what to look for, the clashed artifacts DO just POP out at you. The same can be said for the FEV's and 71-S MS Peg Legs. Get to those shows early and enjoy the "hunt"!
Happy Hunting!
Brian

DaveWantuck

Post by DaveWantuck » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:50 am

BrianVaile wrote:Hi Dave,
Glad you are enjoying your new "expanded horizons" in Ike-Land! :P
One of the neatest things about clashed die Ikes is the "Naked Eye" factor. Once you know what to look for, the clashed artifacts DO just POP out at you. The same can be said for the FEV's and 71-S MS Peg Legs. Get to those shows early and enjoy the "hunt"!
Happy Hunting!
Brian
Hey Brian...
You hit the nail on the head my friend when you said "Once you know what to look for...etc..." and that is exactly what I've been finding here in "Ike-Land"....What to look for....before this, I didn't have much to go on...thats why I'm so excited and elated to have found this site....I need a lot more studying on those FEV's, but I'll get there eventually....thanks for the encouraging words..
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Isn't it is nice to know that there is a coin series, like Ikes,....where you don't have to put
the dang thing under a microscope to spot clash marks or tell if it is a rare variety? :P
Welcome to Ike-Land!
Brian

boothill40

Post by boothill40 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:38 pm

BrianVaile wrote:Hey Tom!
That's a sweet grade on that 74-D PL! :P Die state Peg Legs are very tough to find in gem condition. :shock:
Brian
Thanks Brian the search will continue as I have not rechecked all my other Ikes and will post pics of anything interesting I find-----Tom