This look's like a 6 D 1 - 201

Post comments and questions about the two different Bicentennial O/R Designs
Buster_57

This look's like a 6 D 1 - 201

Post by Buster_57 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello Gentlemen:

The following look like a 6 D 1 - 201 to me - Am I wrong ??

Also was wondering if the same coin is a 6 D 1 - 401 - if you look at it from different angles it could probably pass for one - but - I am not holding my breath - because it is not a very good coin .

Would appreciate any help I can get. I know that it is not a peg leg - because a peg leg is an R just missing the serif on the straight / or / left leg.
It looks more like an [ 6 D 1 - 201 ].

P.S. Any coin of mine that you see posted on this site and you would really like to see it in your hands for a closer hands on inspection - I would be more than happy to send it to you - as long as you give me your word that you will return it with-in an agreed upon time.

Sincerely: Buster
off-at-thee-knee-1h.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1b.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1c.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1d.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1e.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1f.jpg
off-at-thee-knee-1g.jpg

AndyO
Site Admin

Re: This look's like a 6 D 1 - 201

Post by AndyO » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Without having the coin in hand (that's a famous disclaimer given by those who claim to be numismatic geniuses and yet when proven wrong have a perfectly good platform to fall back on to maintain their genius status....), I think you have a 6D1-201. The FG initials need to be all but gone, and the left leg of R is polished out pretty good leaving a large gap between it and the scalp.

This one kind of looks like a very early stage for this variety, meaning it has a little more detail left. Most often the R leg is washed out a little higher up, and usually at first glance it's 99% impossible to make out that any FG initials existed in that area.

That thing above the 6 looks like a strike through.

Nice find.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

Buster_57

Re: This look's like a 6 D 1 - 201

Post by Buster_57 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Thank you so very much for your time and trouble - I truly do Appreciate it.

Sincerely: Buster