Bicentennial T1-T2 Photographic comparison

Post comments and questions about the two different Bicentennial O/R Designs
THUNDRLIPZ

Re: Bicentennial T1-T2 Photographic comparison

Post by THUNDRLIPZ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Rob, for these size photos, how much magnification did you use? Of course, I know it has been a long time since you took these pictures, but I am just trying to get a feeling for the level of magnification levels needed to produce these type of photograph. Thanks. Konstantinos
Ever Dance with the Devil by the Pale Moon Light?

robEzerman

Re: Bicentennial T1-T2 Photographic comparison

Post by robEzerman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi, Konstantinos,

Sorry I'm tardy to this dance!

The mag is somewhere around 100-150. My camera is the unknown variable.

Both scope and camera are on the old side. The scope is a no-name Chinese Zeiss knock-off with no identification (reminds me of the earliest Chinese-Dutch-Import china which was glazed with no identification on the pottery, that was a long time ago), a zoom tri-head dissecting scope for which I can't get replacement parts or accessories since none of the dimensions were standardized back then and the Internet company that sold it to me is long defunct (predated Am-Scope).

The camera is a first-generation Nikon Cool-pix (articulating body) that has held up remarkably well.

The 6" long tube linking camera to scope says "X1" but it effectively triples the mag: it cost $200 and was never intended to mate the camera to this scope, it just happened to fit, thank goodness.

I've tried twice using electronic pick-ups but their size is off (I'd have to order a specially made adapter at considerable cost) and even the second generation pick-up and software seemed cumbersome and difficult to use. I'd love to have a pick-up that I could patch into my laptop since focusing is a bit hit or miss with my set-up: the Nikon has a 1 inch LED view screen that's about 20 pixels on a side so focusing is a challenge.

Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman