Brain Fart

Post comments and questions about the two different Bicentennial O/R Designs
AndyO
Site Admin

Re: Brain Fart

Post by AndyO » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Dave - I think you may be misunderstanding somewhat. The "blue folders" you refer to are for the 40% silver bicnetennial proofs; dollar, half, & quarter. These coins were packaged in small plastic capsules. The capsules and a blue 4"x4" cardboard booklet were then fit into two styrofoam halves (which were identical in dimension to brown Ike boxes), and al that was then slid into a white cardboard sleeve. When your new set arrived, they were made that the owner would fit the three plastic capsules contianing the coins into three holes of appropriate size in the little blue book (folder). They were made such that they just snapped into place. The blue folders have a red interior and a diagonal strap on one side to hold the COA.

The Ikes in these packs are and only ever were the type 1 40% silver proofs. The proof clad type 1 and type 2 Ikes only ever came in the proof sets.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

DaveWantuck

Re: Brain Fart

Post by DaveWantuck » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey Andy...
Thanks for clearing that up...sometimes I get ahead of myself, then again, sometimes I'm soooooooooo far behind, that I think I'm first...
:lol:
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"