NEW!!! 1972 S BS 40% Silver Die Crack on "LL"...

shasta7

NEW!!! 1972 S BS 40% Silver Die Crack on "LL"...

Post by shasta7 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:01 am

Just went thru a whole bunch (50-60) of 1972 S 40% Silver Blue Pack Ikes... I was happy to discover
a few great Diva's coins in the batch... here is what I found.... 1 - UDU.... 3 - Die Crack in Hair... 2 - Split "W" in We of motto... & was extremely happy to find 4 - Die Crack in LL of Dollar... (hopefully to be another NEW Diva)... --- marker for these is a small die line that runs from tip of last Leaf to the Crater near Initials on reverse....

Finally found some time.... & knowing that prices are somewhat down is great time to search again...
Anyone wanting to chime is always appreciated... :-)

shasta7

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Re: NEW!!! 1972 S BS 40% Silver Die Crack on "LL"...

Post by BrianVaile » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

I think, of all those......I like the 72-S "Split W's" the best. Not sure if Ive ever seen one that I can recall. How is the rest of the motto?
Would love to see close-up pics of the motto! :shock:
Have you found any "Guitar Strings" on those 72-S's? I love that one, but haven't been able to find any in years.

Happy Hunting!
Brian

Rob407

Post by Rob407 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Speaking of split W 72 s BU coins, here are identical minor markers I ran across on the obverse and reverse of 2 coins. On the front, there is a clash on the L of liberty and an odd-looking tent like marker on the A of dollar. Yes, both coins have a split W.

And

There is typical 72 BU doubling in the motto and AR in dollar.
Attachments
72 BU.jpg
72 BU.jpg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 839 times
72 BU 1.jpg
72 BU 1.jpg (61.67 KiB) Viewed 839 times

shasta7

Post by shasta7 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 am

BrianVaile wrote:I think, of all those......I like the 72-S "Split W's" the best. Not sure if Ive ever seen one that I can recall. How is the rest of the motto?
Would love to see close-up pics of the motto! :shock:
Have you found any "Guitar Strings" on those 72-S's? I love that one, but haven't been able to find any in years.

Happy Hunting!
Brian
Hi Brian.... Yes I too like the 72-S Silver 40% BS coins with the Split W if WE.... as far as the motto...
there is def double die doubling on just about all lettering.... there is a double die lines coming off
the E of Liberty also there is a die clash right above the bottom part of the L of Liberty as Rob407 mentioned in his post...
On the REV on Right side of the A (mid way) is what I referred as a bow & arrow die lines...
Doubling can be seen on stars, United One Dollar & also on e bluribus unum too.... The coins I have all have same markers... both on OBV & REV...

Hope this helps everybody so they can start searching for more... I have discussed these with Steve earlier.... :-) Oh almost forgot... no I have NOT yet come across any Guitar Strings diva's... hopefully
I will soon... I really am liking this coin!!! lol

shasta7
tz
Last edited by shasta7 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

shasta7

Post by shasta7 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 am

Rob407 wrote:Speaking of split W 72 s BU coins, here are identical minor markers I ran across on the obverse and reverse of 2 coins. On the front, there is a clash on the L of liberty and an odd-looking tent like marker on the A of dollar. Yes, both coins have a split W.

And

There is typical 72 BU doubling in the motto and AR in dollar.

Hi Rob407....

Are these coins you have pictured Copper-Nickel or 40% Silver (Blue Pack)? Reason I ask is cause the picture names just say 72 BU!!!

Look on your coins to see if they have the same die lines coming off the letter E of Liberty... they are easy to see. 2 small die lines coming off the Top part of E on right side... (when I showed mine to Tom K a few years ago... I called it a "Bow & Arrow")...

let me know... ty

shasta7