Clash question

Post pictures, comments and questions about this category of Ikes (Die clash overlay diagram inside)
AaronMiller

Clash question

Post by AaronMiller » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:37 pm

I have an 74-D with a partially clashed O in DOLLAR appearing above Ike's head. Do you plan to add a DIVA code for this particular clash image, or is there already one and I am just not paying attention?

robEzerman

Re: Clash question

Post by robEzerman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Aaron, I knew there was an article we needed to add to the web site, the one you saw in Baltimore on Brian's clashed and unabraded 71-S Silver Ike.

The top of the coin has all sorts of clash images and as I remember there is a partial outline of the top of the O. I'm packing for a trip so will check when back and convey the article to Bill for FEB AOM (MARCH will be a cool piece on Ike Die States I'm working on now.

To answer your question, that image is not on our list as I have only seen one other example of the barest minimun of the O showing on the obverse. Could you please add a picture? Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

AaronMiller

Post by AaronMiller » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:02 pm

I tried to get it on camera but had no luck, will try again in a few days.

If I still have no luck, it will be in a batch for DIVA this month and I'll order the photo service with it. (yeah, I keep saying soon, but Feb is IT!)

AaronMiller

Post by AaronMiller » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Here are the best shots I could take of the clashed O from DOLLAR. Both dies are heavily abraded, it looks like the TH and HL were completely removed, and it is very likely a UDU was removed as well.
12305138 1974-D PCGS 65 Clashed O.jpg
12305138 1974-D PCGS 65 Clashed Jaw Line.jpg
12305138 1974-D PCGS 65 Clashed - Moon Line.jpg

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi, Aaron,

Cool clash image!

Here are a few pictures from the article I wrote on Brian's "Monster Clash" .

That article will be the February Article of the Month, climaxing a four-month spree of amazing articles which will continue with March's article on Ike Die States.

By the way, I've decided to furnish photos of all Ikes I DIVA for Ike Club Members at no charge, just another benefit of signing up. I'll add full-face front and back photos to the numerous microscope pictures I love to take of all key details. Rob
Attachments
DSCN6327.JPG
DSCN6321.JPG
DSCN6319.JPG
DSCN6318.JPG
DSCN6307.JPG
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

MichaelM

Post by MichaelM » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:50 pm

This is an old topic but seemed the right place to put this:
I also own a pretty decent 1974-D "Clashed O". There are no other obverse clashes but the reverse has a really strong Jaw Line Clash that seems to be at least a Grade B. The coin seems to be at least MS condition.

Additionally, I also own a 1972-D with 3 separate clashes: A moon line (A), Jaw Line (C), and a spike in Ikes head below the 'R' from the second 'L' in DOLLAR, similar to the one Rob has posted above which I can post if anyone wants to see it.
Attachments
IMG_3701.JPG
IMG_3693.JPG
IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3669.JPG

Return to “Die clash images for talon head (TH), hair lip (HL) jaw line (JL), moon line (ML) upside down U (UDU), and clipped E (EC)”