I guess it never does hurt to inquire about Ikes...

Sumdunce

I guess it never does hurt to inquire about Ikes...

Post by Sumdunce » Sun May 03, 2009 11:51 am

In the past I have read the stories about people who go to the bank and ask for halves or Ikes and walk away with some great coins. I have not been so lucky, as typically I get "we don't have any" type response.

Recenly I was traveling and inquired at a bank and the teller stated that she believed she could get a few from a remote bank's vault. She stated that it would take a few weeks but she was fairly certain she could acquire at least two. I gave the green light on getting two.

Since I live far from the bank a friend of a friend who lives in the area picked up the two bags and they now are tucked away until I can get them. As it turns out a coworker will be traveling back to the area at the end of this month and I will just pay him (may have them shipped as the safest route, or have him put them in baggage) to bring them back.

I do not know the quality of the Ikes or if they are in mint bags or not as the information I can get is only "two heavy bags of coins". Guess not everyone is a coin collector. :lol:

It is now just a waiting game but soon I will be looking through 2K worth of Ikes. :D

V/R

LaMont
Eschew obfuscation!

DaveWantuck

Re: I guess it never does hurt to inquire about Ikes...

Post by DaveWantuck » Sun May 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey LaMont....
Looks like you could have possible hit the ole proverbial JACKPOT....I can imagine the excitement you must have experienced upon learning she could get you a few BAGS? OMG :o I would have needed water about that time....I get excited if and when a bank teller has a few rolls....A quick story....last year I stopped by a local bank to see if they had stashed any Ikes for me, and the young lady said, "do you collect any other coins"? I had to do some quick thinking because you never know whats in their vault...I said "yes, what do you have"? and she proceeded to tell me she had 16 rolls of silver quarters and 24 rolls of silver dimes (4 being Mercury)....I tried to remain calm as I said, "sure, I'll take them" and my leg was actually shaking....wow!!!!!! But it is a wonderful feeling when you ask and they respond with, "Oh yea, we have some"....Congrats LaMont...probably going to take you a while to search thru that many Ikes,you lucky dog!! :lol:
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds » Sun May 03, 2009 8:01 pm

O------------------M--------------G........!

Two bags at face value is nothing short of AWESOME!

Nice Work!
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

19Lyds

Nice Work!
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

19Lyds

Nice Work!

19Lyds

Nice Work!

19Lyds

Nice Work!

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 am

GREAT JOB!
No risk and tons of opportunity.
Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Happy Hunting!
Brian

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce » Thu May 21, 2009 6:06 pm

19Lyds wrote:O------------------M--------------G........!

Nice Work!
Make that three... :D

Got confirmation earlier this week that one more was available.

Cowoker will be there around beginning of the month and should be in hand before mid-month.

Can hardly wait... ;)

V/R

LaMont
Eschew obfuscation!

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile » Sat May 23, 2009 11:28 am

You Dog!!! :o

Can't wait to hear the results!

Happy Hunting!
Brian