New member saying Hi

Post pictures, comments and questions about this category of Ikes (Die clash overlay diagram inside)
GolfingPrez

New member saying Hi

Post by GolfingPrez »

Greetings,

Long time coin collector, mostly Lincoln cents (that's what I could afford when I was little). I finished (for me) the Lincolns, my eyes don't do the close-focus thing much any more, so I have moved to halves and dollars (I can still read the dates on dollars without glasses, sort of.). Since Ikes can be picked up for face value, and since I have a lot to learn about them, and since I had about 500 of them lying around the house I thought I should give them a serious try. A quick Google search brought me to this place. I must say there is a lot of information available here...I have been looking around a bit and have seen bunches of old posts that will assist me.
I have found talon heads, hair lips (one really good one), moon lines, don't know what a jaw line is, no UDU or clipped E. Did find a few actual peg legs.
One great set of moon lines that runs through the crater, through the top of the "O" through the top third of "LL" and through the top of the "A".
I don't have a way to post a picture...I don't use any remote storage, just keep them on my computer.
Anyway, thanks for all the great information; I'll be looking often.

SteveP
Global Moderater

Re: New member saying Hi

Post by SteveP »

Welcome! I hope that you post again with a progress report.
Steve Palladino

HerbHicks

Post by HerbHicks »

Welcome!

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO »

Glad to have you here!
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

GolfingPrez

Post by GolfingPrez »

Thanks for the greetings, all. Just found my first UDU on a 71-D. I can see it without magnification :D
I can see how this is going to be addicting.

Return to “Die clash images for talon head (TH), hair lip (HL) jaw line (JL), moon line (ML) upside down U (UDU), and clipped E (EC)”