"Nightcrawler" had a kid!

ilikeikes

Re: "Nightcrawler" had a kid!

Post by ilikeikes »

I'm sure some of you saw this 71-S PF on ebay the other day..I won it, and, will know in a few days whether this line near hair is just a lighting issue, or, flip issue(invariably, they are :oops: )...OR..something more "nighcrawler-ish" :ugeek: .
Calvin
UPDATE: Seller sent a different coin..writing on flip different. Most likely, will never see the one with the possible large die gouge I pictured here...we'll see...I wrote him..
Attachments
hair.jpg

ilikeikes

Post by ilikeikes »

So..I figured this out.....seller RECYCLED SAME photo..at least 3 times on sales. So, someone got this IKE, but not me...I got a full refund, and he let me keep the coin, but, I still wanted this one, as never saw this issue before. Pays to do your homework.

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds »

ilikeikes wrote:So..I figured this out.....seller RECYCLED SAME photo..at least 3 times on sales. So, someone got this IKE, but not me...I got a full refund, and he let me keep the coin, but, I still wanted this one, as never saw this issue before. Pays to do your homework.
Yeah. A little homework has helped me in the past as I just do not understand sellers the use stock photo's.
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP »

Even worse: sellers that use stock photos of PCGS slabbed Ikes :x

Coin arrives.....WTF? "This cert number doesn't match the photos" :x

I don't do business with them any longer (SoCal seller)
Steve Palladino

Bluish

Post by Bluish »

I found a 73-S "Crater Snake" today that has a die crack connecting the last A in AMERICA to tip of the star nearest the eagle's wing. Thought I'd report it just in case it's an unknown LDS.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile »

NICE FIND! I'm not aware of that LDS crack, and I don't have one to compare it to. I've been
trying, but this variety is appearing to be rather elusive.

Happy Hunting!
Brian

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

I'm digging this thread out of the dust bin of history. Sorry for the mess.

I had told either Brian or Andy about a Crater Snake find I made through e-mail a while back, but not sure which one. Probably three years ago, I bought an original (but opened) box of 5 1973 Brown Ikes on eBay. Nothing too exciting there, I know, but they were cheap so I grabbed them. When I got them, I found that all 5 are Crater Snake Ikes (DIVa 3SP-401). I have done nothing with them and have never submitted anything to a TPG but I guess I need to send these in some day and then get them DIVa-tized. I think they will all benefit from professional conservation too.

I do not see the die crack on these that Bluish noted, but they do appear to be in early die state (star touching feather, W nearly touching E). The star/feather look to be very close in the photo Bluish posted so it may be that the die cracked up early?

My reason for posting is not boasting, but rather to share one bit of information gleaned from this find…the red stamped date on the box (packing date I assume) is 1973........10/2_. The date runs off the edge, leaving the last numeral of the day in question, but the Postmark date is 11/1/1973, so it was probably not packed on the 2nd of October, but rather between the 20th and 29th. Maybe somebody can use this to find another box?

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile »

Thanks for the update with the shipping date! Original boxes of 5 have yielded multiple Varieties before. I've had groups of 3, but never all 5! :o That's one sweet score on a really tough DIVA!
CONGRATS!!

Happy Hunting!
Brian