The five-coin DIVa family tied to the 1972 Type 2 Ike

Post comments and questions about the three 1972 Philadelphia Mint reverse Designs
SteveP
Global Moderater

The five-coin DIVa family tied to the 1972 Type 2 Ike

Post by SteveP »

Steve Palladino

shasta7

Re: The five-coin DIVa family tied to the 1972 Type 2 Ike

Post by shasta7 »

Steve....

Well done report/article... this will NOT only help the devoted Ike collector from the past & present... but will help all
future collectors as well... I want to say Thank You for mentioning me in the report but mostly for putting it together for
all those who have NOT yet realized how great this neglected series really is...

As this is considered the 1972 Type II coin... The King of the Ike Series... it should be an addendum to all the books written
prior & in any future writtings...

Terry...

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP »

shasta7 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 pm
it should be an addendum to all the books written
prior & in any future writtings...
Agreed, and thank you - for the compliment and for your contribution to Ike collecting.

BTW - I just found another 2T1-101 in a roll of 1972 T1 Ikes about a week ago.
Steve Palladino

shasta7

Post by shasta7 »

Steve... your welcome....

Finding that 1972 diva 2T1-101 is pretty cool... I went thru approx... 250 more 1972's Type I's & have NOT found
anymore of them... seems like they come in batches or a single here & single there... I am thinking that there
are only a handful of them that really been discovered so far... I sold 2 more... just last week to a friend & his brother...
Since I see they are so scarce... I sold each one for $75.00 & they did NOT even blink... they both said they thought
it was a fair price & so did I... :-)

They both said they went thru alot of 72 coins & did NOT find any... so if the collector out there have time I think
it is worth their time to check their coins to see if they have any stashed away!!! They are & should be in everyone collection
as part of the King of the series coin set!!! Which by the way... you did great job on... any serious collector needs to
study what you wrote... :-)

Terry...

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP »

...As hard as they are to find, they are especially hard to find in MS 64 and higher, IME. I will continue to hunt for them.
Steve Palladino

shasta7

Post by shasta7 »

Hi Steve & all...

Happy Labor Day to Ev1... :-)

I went thru approx 400-500 more 1972 coins from a friend of mine who collected 71's & 72's years ago & to my amazement only found
1 coin & that coin unfortunately was damaged... & it still was not even close to be UNC... this made me even more determined to look
for more...

I do encourage all the Ike collectors out there to go thru their 1972 Ike Coins to look to see if they can locate any of these Diva - 2T2-101.2
I am thinking that one day they may be worth alot of money!!! I have said along with many other serious Ike Coin collectors that this series
has been over looked for way too long... no-one knows for sure but it is always better to be safe then sorry... lol

Happy Collecting...