IKE BOOK, update

robEzerman

IKE BOOK, update

Post by robEzerman »

39 chapters uploaded successfully to our self-publisher, Lulu: one galley copy ordered and is in the mail to me, should arrive this week. If this gig actually works, I'll order a copy for each of the Ike Group Members so the authors can struggle heroically with concept approval and editing for "red-face" errors. If all goes well, orders will be accepted late December. Amazingly, the actual printing took two days.
The book has grown some in utero. Still 8.5X11 and spiral bound but now over 400 pages. Price will therefore be in the vicinity of $30 plus shipping instead of $20
We're calling this book "VOLUME 2" since it will be our primary research reference source as well as a written and photographic catalog of our top "Collectible" Ike Varieties.
Volume 1 will be out sometime in 2011 and will have our new catalog of the Series, a section with photographs of many of the more interesting Ikes that have come our way, and multiple "How to" chapters dealing with the many issues confronting Ike collectors (and collectors of other moderns) in this internet and TPG era.

Volume 2 is everything the Ike Group has been about for the past four years and it has some new material that will blow you away.

I'll explore the cost of an autographed hard-bound edition for you die-hards when the Group gives me the green light to PUBLISH!!! Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

Stew

Re: IKE BOOK, update

Post by Stew »

Rob,
Are Autographed copies going to b available?
Or are your writing hands totally burned out :lol:
Can't wait to see all the goodies in the book.

Terry

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman »

Terry, my hands are fine but I can't seem to locate my mind???

Rob
Now is the time to cherry Ikes. Lots of fruit still on the trees but don't wait too long. Rob Ezerman

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile »

WOW! 39 Chapter and over 400 pages!? :o

What a sweet treat for Ike collectors!

Happy Hunting!
Brian

shasta7

Post by shasta7 »

Brian... you are correct... I too think this is something that many of the Ike collector will be looking forward to.

Way to go Rob... keep us posted on any developements...

tz

robEzerman

Post by robEzerman »

The galley copies reached all of us in the Group and we're hard at work trying to catch errors and improve copy where we can. The book looks good, feels good, and reads reasonably well for a bunch of amateur authors, and there's just so much good stuff we're all really excited about launching.

Don't expect every chapter will be an easy read, we have a lot of cutting-edge information in this book that may twist your brain into a pretzel at first.

Unfortunately, due to realities of the publishing world, the retail price had to be set at $37, more than I had hoped, but reasonable for a book this size and with so much meat and hundreds of photos that do a good job showing what we wanted them to show.

No details yet on possible autographed and/or hard-back copies. Both are doable, just don't know prices yet as the books would have to be shipped to me (or the one person in the group you wanted to sign) and then shipped to you. My guess is the extra shipping would add $8 to the price, making the spiral bound $45 and the hard bound around $65.

As a fund-raiser for this web site, we might consider offering a hard-back copy of this First Edition signed by all seven authors. Since our homes are spread across the country, this project would entail shipping the books in lots of five by USPS flat rate to each of the authors in turn, about $12 times 7 to get the books back to me for mailing to whomever placed an order. I'm thinking these books would cost $110, just throwing out the idea for feedback. Would need a minimum of 5 orders to make this project practical.

We'll install ordering buttons on this web site that will connect directly to the publisher. Don't expect this book to turn up at Barnes and Noble, LOL!

Anyone interested in a bulk order to sell copies privately, drop me an email. Those details are also vague at present. Depending on the numbered ordered there is a wholesale and shipping price break from the publisher. Might want to order a single copy when we post the order button to take the book for a ride first?

Lastly, I can order the occasional copy at the publisher's cost, a privilege the publisher extends to me which I can make limited use of for any Ike Group Registrant who is financially strapped but just dying to get a copy. Email me for details. Sorry I can't extend this to everyone.
Rob

gcoin

Post by gcoin »

Was segoja the king of the ike experts involved on this book in any way? If so, how much was he involved?

charles chatham

Post by charles chatham »

For now i would love to have one soft copy with Rob's signature anywhere he wants to put it-----------send me a price and a address to mail it to----looking forward to reading it-- chuck

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds »

gcoin wrote:Was segoja the king of the ike experts involved on this book in any way? If so, how much was he involved?
I could be wrong on some small parts but I don't think James was involved as he has stated several times before that he has little interest in Eisenhower Varieties.

boothill40

Post by boothill40 »

I'de buy both the soft copy and the signed hard-back and I'm realy looking forward to getting this book in my hands thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this----Tom