A couple more bags this year...

Sumdunce

A couple more bags this year...

Post by Sumdunce »

I have taken possession of two more bags this year. I am trying to get one more but since it is taking a few days to get word back from the banker I am starting to believe only two will be available this year.

So far I have found one 1972 T2 out of 1500 coins searched so far (quick search since still on vacation). I will look closer at them when I return home. :D

V/R

Sumdunce
Eschew obfuscation!

DaveWantuck

Re: A couple more bags this year...

Post by DaveWantuck »

LaMont....
I cannot believe your luck...."only" a few more bags this year :?: :mrgreen: Finding any Ikes here in my part of Western PA is like winning the lottery. But I'm glad as a member of the Ike Group that we can collectively wish you nothing but the best in searching thru your newest 'hoard'. I'm sure you'll keep us in suspense as you search through all 2000 coins . Some guys have ALL the luck :lol:
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce »

It turns our my "bad feeling" was unfounded... The banker really pulled through this year. I have four bags in my possession as of this morning. A very nice suprise indeed for this trip.

Dave, thanks for the wish of luck. I am in conferences until late but try to get in some searching as I can find the time. I will have a preliminary search done before I head home but a really intense search will have to wait for better conditions since hotel lighting is rather dim. I will however continue to update as I get the details.

V/R

Sumdunce
Eschew obfuscation!

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce »

Ran out of time for the business trip. I will check the last bag when they arrive back in TX.

Just from a rough go through I found 5 FEV, 3 1972 T2, and a few other interesting odds and ends that may be worthy of submitting when I get them under the grading light.

If anyone is interested in the results let me know. So far Dave seems to be the only one tracking this post.

V/R

S
Eschew obfuscation!

HerbHicks

Post by HerbHicks »

I am watching, too.

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce »

I found a 1974-D Ike UDU tonight. It is slightly abraded but you can get the "U" to image with the Dino-Lite Microscope.

I have listed it in the UDU area checking if they are worth searching for.

V/R

S
Eschew obfuscation!

DaveWantuck

Post by DaveWantuck »

LaMont...
4 bags???? That defies logic. :o I'm glad someone is finding lots of Ikes out there. Although I must admit my son-in-law (works at a bank) told me he picked up 150 Ikes yesterday. You would think that I have an ACE in the hole with him working at a bank. NOT!!! :roll: I'm not complaining, but I'll take what he can get for me. As far as anyone else keeping an eye on your hoard, you have to know that as quiet as Herb is, he's always checking things out. ;) You gotta love it when he starts talking about his finds from years and years ago. Oh where is my TIME MACHINE when you need one? hehehe...good luck with the other bags LaMont!!!!
Dave
"Life isn't about waiting for the
storm to pass...it's about learning
to dance in the rain"

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce »

I guess it will just be three bags this year.

I split the bags into nine shipments and two are three days overdue for standard rate medium priority mail box. I shipped them certified since postmaster's raise a stink about insuring "money" in the mail. I guess I can put in a complaint to see if they shake loose but I am assuming they are gone. Oh well, its less than I have lost in the stock market these last few weeks. :lol:

I have the others out of boxes but still wrapped... I should be starting the final search with grading lamp this weekend. I will keep you posted.

V/R

S
Eschew obfuscation!

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds »

I hope they turn up for you Lamont!
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

Sumdunce

Post by Sumdunce »

Minor sinus "issues" this weekend, I passed by the Ikes a few times but never could muster the concentration needed to evaluate them in detail.

On the boxes in the "from" section I used one of the attendees at the conference who lives in my local area. As luck would have it he received an empty box today with a note stating something to the effect "arrived empty to local sorting facility". I asked if he would put in a ticket with the postmaster in an attempt to find the lost box and the contents of the broken box. According to postmaster "someone should get back with you in two days". We shall see...

V/R

S
Eschew obfuscation!