1971S Nightcrawler

ilikeikes

Re: 1971S Nightcrawler

Post by ilikeikes »

Can someone do a population report on these for me...how many raw, how many slabbed, what TPG & Grade please? I'll explain in a few days why I need this info :D
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie »

I have one currently at PCGS going through restoration (in the hopes of getting the highest grade possible). Should be back by November.
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

19Lyds

Post by 19Lyds »

1872Hokie wrote:I have one currently at PCGS going through restoration (in the hopes of getting the highest grade possible). Should be back by November.
2014??
I cannot and will not be held responsible for my typing errors as it appears that there is a bug in the keyboard!
........I've tried on numberous occasions to fix the problme but it just keeps coming back agin and again! -L. Lydston 2008

1872Hokie

Post by 1872Hokie »

Been there a month already, hoping another month and some change and I should have it back...
Back to the Hunt...
-Bryan

ilikeikes

Post by ilikeikes »

Let's hope this is crawler #11 :) will be in hand no later than next tuesday/wed....
Attachments
crawler2.jpg
crawler1.jpg
Mark Twain

BrianVaile
Global Moderater

Post by BrianVaile »

WoW! :o
Now, THAT's what I call a Great White Whale! :shock:
The only other PCGS 69DCAM I know of, is in Steve's set.
There is at one in ANACS holders designated as "PF DIe Hubbed Thru Debris" in 67DCAM (I wanted to see what ANACS would designate it as).
As previously posted, Bryan has one at PCGS now.
There are the (2) from eBay a few weeks ago makes at least (6), that I know of. Chime in if there are any others!

Happy Hunting!
Brian

SteveP
Global Moderater

Post by SteveP »

ilikeikes wrote:Can someone do a population report on these for me...how many raw, how many slabbed, what TPG & Grade please? I'll explain in a few days why I need this info :D
I think this thread IS the population report.

By my count, the total should be up to around 12 now, with Calvin's acquisition. There was a stable population of 6 (http://forum2.ikegroup.info/viewtopic.p ... wler#p6487), then Bryan's that he recent sent to PCGS, then a 2 nightcrawler find in a lot of 5 by Randy (one of which he is willing to sell: http://forum2.ikegroup.info/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=1933), then the recent two-coin raw lot selling on eBay for just under $700 (buyer not identified yet).

Unfortunately, we can't be certain of the raw to slab ratio (we see raw purchases/confirmation, but don't always get grade reports back after they have been slabbed). I know of three that are currently at TPGs in the process of getting slabbed right now. As for top pop in a PCGS holder, I am aware of Brian Vaile's PCGS PR69 DCAM night crawler: http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/alltime ... x?s=107351 (I have to edit that population statement :lol: )
Steve Palladino

pappyxyz1

Post by pappyxyz1 »

My 2 are currently at ANACS and should be returning soon.
Last edited by pappyxyz1 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyO
Site Admin

Post by AndyO »

Now that you guys are focusing on them, I would fully expect to see the population of them skyrocket over the next year. You've basically doubled it in a couple months.
Authorized CAC and QA dealer

ilikeikes

Post by ilikeikes »

now..off to find one on a 72-S :D
Mark Twain